Monday, August 13, 2012

Yahoo! My First Blog Award....




Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo!
And ya, I’m feeling like Shammi Kapoor right now. Why? It’s because I just got to know about my first blog award, courtesy my friend and ex-colleague (yes, in that orderJ) Dolon of http://poutprettty.blogspot.in/  fame. Thanks a ton Dolon for awarding me and for bringing me into the Hall of Fame. And I hope this is just the beginning andthere are miles to go and more and more awards to get (J).


Boy! What a Monday this has been! Let’s get down to the rules now.
So as per the rules, I need to:                              
·         Post 11 things about myself


·         Answer the tagger's questions                        


·         Tag and pass the awards to 11 other bloggers


·         Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer


·         Go to the bloggers page and inform them about the awards


 11 things about Me:
·         I’m a true blue Gemini at heart — I love to live Life with zest and try to be happy always, no matter what.


·         I’m an English Honours graduate, with a PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.


·         I’m an Instructional Designer by profession, and I work for an eLearning company.


·         I love to write, cook, laugh and giggle with friends, walk in the rain, and sing.


·         I’m a true Bengali at heart who loves to eat fish, and is born with a sweet tooth.


·         I am a shopaholic and my trips to Kolkata are mostly spent doing that.


·         I ‘m ready to go to Goa, at the drop of a hat.


·         My favorite pastime is browsing through Women’s magazines.


·         My current favorites are Elle 18 Nail pops (violet colour) and sparklers, and a new Kerala Cotton Saree (kasavu) I bought recently.


·         I love to speak my mind, be honest and impartial as much as possible.


·         I love my mom the most for she is my inspiration and my dad is my best friend and guide.


Answers to Dolon's questions:



1. What is your nickname? Koel
2. What was your favorite toy as a kid? A Barbie Doll
3. Choose a movie title for the story of your life Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
4. What was the worst punishment you received at school? Me and my friend were asked to stand up on the bench and hold each other’s ears in front of the whole class
5. Who is your favorite celebrity? Kajol, Sushmita Sen and Penelope Cruz
6. What's your favorite place to eat? Barbeque Nation and Oh! Calcutta
7. What was the last makeup product you bought? Lip gloss
8. What is the one item in your closet that you really should throw away, but probably never will? Old kurtas gifted by my dad and grandfather to me. I’ll keep them forever and ever.
9. You’ve been given access to a time machine. When and where would you travel to? To my childhood spent with my paternal grandmother and maternal grandfather in Kolkata.
10. If you had to give up a favorite food, which would be the most difficult to give up? Hilsa (Ilish) fish and payesh (rice pudding)
11. What is your favorite lipstick shade? Nude pink and berry or plum shades

Answers to Prachi's questions:

  1. Who inspired you for writing blog? IMBB and Dolon's wonderful blog
  2. The name of your favorite nail paint and lipstick/lip gloss : Nailpaints: Berry Maroon by Lakme and Lavender by Elle 18 Nail Pops | Lipgloss: Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate shade
  3. The name of your favorite brand (in cosmetics/outfits/or anything) :
  4. What is the most important session for you in parlor : facial, haircut/hair coloring or mani & pedi? Facial and Pedi
  5. Your favorite type of footwear : heels, shoes or anything..name it? Heels anyday
  6. Best prank which you played on anyone?
  7. Your favorite celebrity? Sushmita Sen and Kajol
  8. The most memorable, romantic movie of all times according to you is : DDLJ
  9. What would you prefer the most : eye makeup or lip color? Eye makeup
  10. What is your secret nick name which your parents call and you never disclosed it to anyone about it? Let that remain a secret only pls :)
  11. What would you love to have : a cat or a dog? A pug or a spaniel dog

 My questions for my readers and fellow bloggers:
·   What is that one moment of your life that you’ll cherish always?
·   Your favourite colour is……
·  A woman from your family or acquaintance, apart from your mother, whom you adore and admire.
·  What is that one thing you look for, when you make friends for the first time?
·  What is your dream travel destination?
·  Which female celebrity do you think is a real Indian woman, whom we all can relate to?
·  Suppose, you can buy only 1 item from these items— a fabulous LBD, a Revlon lipstick of your favourite shade and a designer leather bag. Which one would you choose?
·   Which place would you like to re-visit, given a choice?
·   Name three things you rely upon to give yourself an instant makeover on the days you don’t look your best.
·   Which female celebrity according to you needs a styling change and why?
·  A trend or a fad of yesteryears you are still in love with and may try out.  

Check out my next post for the people whom I've passed this award to.


Love,

    N

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know your opinions and views. Pls share! :)