Thursday, October 18, 2012

What's in My Jewellery Bag?

To keep my word, I’d like to show you my accessories bag today. 

So let’s see what I have decided to wear with the sarees and kurtas, I have bought for Durga Puja. 

Here is an assortment of the jewellery I’m planning to wear.


In this picture, you can see that I have chosen 4 jewellery sets, two pairs of earrings and two pairs of bangles. Since I’ll be wearing sarees mostly, so I have chosen sets for myself. :)

Now let me tell you about the sarees I’ll match these accessories with. (To read about the sarees and kurtas I have bought for this Puja, click here.)



From left to right: Red and Off White Jute and Bead Set, City Gold Set

The red and off white colored set on the left (in the pic above) is a gift (yes, again!) made up of jute and beads, and I plan to wear it with either the yellow kurta.






                                           
















At the top is the pic of the earring of the jute set, and here is the neck piece of the same set for you. 

The City Gold set to the right of this is gifted too and i think it would look great with the yellow and red Patli Pallu style saree.

Next, this pink and light pink color junk set from Goa, has been given to me by my sister-in-law. Yes you guessed it right; this completely matches with the pink color Bengal cotton saree. 

Dark pink and light pink junk from Goa. 
Inside: Golden jhumka (packed in plactic), Jute and white bead earring

You must have noticed the earrings placed inside the junk set I just mentioned. The earring packed in a plastic pack, is a nice golden jhumka, which can be worn with the gold and blue kurta I have bought. 



Golden Jhumka

And I plan to wear the jute and white bead earring, kept beside the jhumka, with my dark green kurta.



Jute and white beaded earring 

I may team up this polki set,with the rani colored saree gifted by my dad.


From Left to Right: Pair of Golden Kada, Thin Bangles and Polki Set

Well, I have not forgot to talk about the bangles. :) 
The bangles kept at the left of the jute set are kadas, which I would wear with the Kerala Cotton saree. 

Kada

The thin bangles placed beside the kadas, could be teamed up with any saree. I love the little elephant heads on this one. 




Thin Bangle

And that’s not all. I have packed other accessories such as:
  • A red colored mangalsutra
  • A green bead long chain
  • A long golden chain
  • A multi colored long beaded chain
  • A maroon colored neckpiece
  • A pair of nice white (shankha) bangles and 
  • A Hyderabadi pearl set as well. 

Long green beaded chain

After all, you never know,what will look good on you the day you wear these sarees, isn’t it? 




What jewellery or accessory do you plan to wear for Navratri/Durga Puja? Pls do share. 

PS: The Jealousy Provocation series does not end here. You may wonder why. Remember, my make up bag? It's not opened yet! :P

8 comments:

  1. i am in love with your jute neckpiece :) can i beg, borrow or rather steal it ?? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely.. i am ur new follower :)

    do visit my blog

    http://i-am-girly.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a gift for you on my blog.

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nivedita! My name is Sujaya. I am new to the blogger scene and happened to notice you actually at your guest post on Swati's blog. It was sometime in august as a friday feature or something. Anyway, I was wondering if the indian woman in the top picture was you on that post? God, you must be gorgeous! I can tell by the way that you write that you must be so sweet and knowledgeable too. I just wanted to see if that was you, if not who is it? I can never keep up with all of the new, younger indian actresses these days! Oh, and this is probably the first of one of my posts on your blog. I really like it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwww I loved all I am a Jumka lover...loved ur jumkas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Niveditha.. Nice blog..Its realy informative..then there is a new herbal oil called panjami..its gud..read more here..mystronghair.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some awards for you on my blog!
    Have a nice weekend!

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jewellery designs are quite fancy and beautiful and would look great with Indian ethnic wear like traditional Indian Saree, Lehenga Choli, Salwar Suits, and Kurtis. I liked especially the golden ones.
    www.libasb2bonline.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to know your opinions and views. Pls share! :)