Friday, June 28, 2013

Missing the Focus Vol.1


Live Your Life Like you Want

Those of you, who are familiar with the Question of the Week series (yes, will revive that soon), would find this post quite similar. Yet I could not help but write this series. Because more than giving gyan to others, I wanted to record these thoughts in my blog, to remind myself and reflect over these, in case I miss the focus in my life later, anytime.  Of course, there is a possibility that you may find this post immensely philosophical and quite over the brain, and I really apologize, for I know, a few number of people do read my blog and I cannot bore them enough with my philosophical ramblings, as everyone is fraught with problems and worries these days and would not want to read about it in a blog now!
But then, I have strongly believed that it is more important to have a beautiful heart and mind, than a pretty face. So this my attempt to achieve a beautiful heart and mind. 

A word of caution here – I do not mean to judge, criticize and pass loose comments on anyone. I’m doing this post only for myself and I really do know and realize that my views might not sound acceptable to a lot of people. The thoughts I’m penning is drawn from familiar situations and people around me, and these are based on my conclusions that I like to draw quite often. So let’s begin?

Case 1: I know of a lady who always wanted to live her differently. She refused to fall in line and always maintained that despite marriage, kids, she wanted to do something more, and not limit herself to the usual chores of cooking and homemaking. So when the Lord gave her the opportunity (after her kids grew up and went their ways to earn a livelihood), she took to a devotional institution (with the due permission from her family), where she would assist in various activities, ranging from teaching poor kids, and helping arrange fairs etc. She took some time out of her schedule to serve, to do noble work, as she wanted to make a difference in her mundane life and in others' life too. 

Usual Scenario: Relatives (the extended family, not her near and dear ones) began talking about how this lady neglected her husband and her duties as a wife and that she should take care of her home.

When I was asked by these so-called well-wishers about my oh so valuable opinion, I was a little perturbed coz I have personally never felt the need to pass comments on what others do in their lives. It’s their life and their choice, after all. So I just plainly replied, that I really think she is doing a noble job and it’s none of our business to judge or criticize anyone for that matter. I really don’t want to waste my time doing such things and I‘d rather appreciate her decision and applaud her for defying the so-called rules we think we should abide by. Coz I too feel there’s no joy in being like ‘others’.

‘Be different’ is the mantra of my life and I strive to do it, not thinking a moment about what will ‘they’ say. I’ve never cared about popular opinion. Also it is not worth living if we only live for ourselves, throughout our lives. After all there’s no harm in serving others right?

So it is here that we miss the focus quite often. 

God has created Man to live the purpose of his life, not fall in line to please the people and the society around. And Man has created society and not vice-versa. Live life the way you want, as you live just once, so make the most of it.


In this context, I’d like to leave today with a wonderful quote I chanced upon sometime back. 





Courtesy: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know your opinions and views. Pls share! :)